The Church Council
The Glen Ridge Congregational Church is governed by a Church Council that is elected by the Church membership.
The Council consists of:
Chairpersons of all the Ministries
Administration, Properties and Personnel (AP&P)
Children & Youth (C&Y)
Outreach & Mission (MOM)
Chair of the Nominating Committee
A Women’s Association Representative.
The professional staff of the Church are ex-officio members of the Council.
The Council is responsible for:
- With the Minister, the worship life of the Church
- With the Minister and Church School Coordinator, the children’s religious education policy and program of the Church
- Maintenance, protection and preservation of all property of the Church
- Business affairs of the church
- The general administration of the Church
Council meetings, which are open to all Church members, generally are held monthly except in July and August. Ministries meet as often as needed to perform the functions for which they are responsible. After the end of each year (generally in February of the following year), an Annual Meeting of the Church membershp is held during which the Council presents a report of activities, events and issues that arose during the past year and a report of the financial condition of the Church. A budget for the new year is presented for approval by the membership and the election for officers and ministry members is held at the Annual Meeting.
For more information: